"In Pink" a fashion show presented by the students at French Academy of Cosmetology, Oct 10th at 5:30pm.
Thursday, October 10th from 5:30-7:30 French Academy students will present a fashion show, "In Pink." All proceeds from the event will go to help with the fight against cancer. Tickets, for the raffle at the show, will be available for $2.00 at the door. All ticket proceeds will be donated to the Sue G. Komen for Cure Foundation of West Michigan.
The list of incredible prizes include in the raffle drawing:
1) $1000 off a prospective students tuition
2) We also have a one hour full body massage worth $50.00 with masseuse Heidi Bruek. Heidi is a certified medical massage therapist and owns The Quiet Place. She can be contacted at 231.750.2089 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
3) A huge feature is a painting called Plein air vase of flowers by Lori McElrath-Eslick.
About Lori McElrath-Eslick
An award-winning illustrator, Lori McElrath-Eslick has illustrated many children's books and her work has also appeared in magazines, including Highlights for Children, Ladybug, and National Wildlife. Her many awards include multiple Magazine Merit Awards from the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, the International Reading Association’s Storyteller Award, Parent's Choice Award, and the 2009 Bank Street College’s list of Best Children’s Books of the Year. Lori's paintings appear in university and public library exhibits and collections around the country. She lives with her family in Michigan, where she enjoys painting, camping, swimming, and cross-country skiing.
Lori McElrath-Eslick's Work
I love to paint plein aire, as much as I can, when not doing paintings for illustrations. Mostly in oils, on small canvases. Currently I am illustrating a series of children's picture books. You can visit EslickART.com to learn more.
4) We have over a dozen signed photos of various famous persons from Jennifer Aniston to Drew Barrymore to Nicholas Cage. All donated by French Academy Instructor Richard Morris.
5) We have two beautiful flower paintings by French Academy Instructor Richard Morris.
6) We have a gift basket from Industry Source and from Salon Centric full of Cosmetic products.
7) A rising star and current student at French Academy, Miss Amy Pecott has donated a beautiful shawl worth $30.00 which was donated through Pitkins Drug & Gift Shoppe located on Colby in Whitehall. Pitkins carries distinctive gifts with a flair.
8) We have a gift bag donated by current student and another rising star, Barbra Huey. She is an Avon representative and has donated Avon Hot Apple Cider candle and peppermint vanilla swirl bubble Delight.
9) Lakeshore Rescue Mission Thrift Store located on Beacon Blvd in Grand Haven has donated a gift basked of gently used donated items and a gift certificate to be used at the Thrift Store. Lakeshore Rescue Mission exists to raise support for Holland Rescue Mission outreach programs that serve Ottawa County's poor and needy by providing support for families and individuals to learn to live independently. Lakeshore Rescue Mission will pick up your donated items and they also sell brand new furniture and mattresses.
10) Our amazing Instructor Tammy Glockzin has donated products from her personal salon.
11) Lyn Philips Salon in Grand Haven has donated a large basket of salon items. Lyn Philips is the lakeshore's premier salon and spa. Check out their website at lynphillips.com or call them to schedule a beauty session at (616) 847-1933)
12) French Academy of Cosmetology has compiled a beautiful gift basket of products for our raffle as well.
Join French Academy of Cosmetology in the fight against cancer on Thursday, Oct 10th at 5:30pm